3.26.2009

Barbies and Weddings

When I was a little girl I vividly remember my sister and I playing wedding in the basement of our Bea Mar Drive house with our Barbies. Because I was the older bossy sister my Barbie was the bride while my little sister's Ken was deemed the groom. In my 6 year old mind there were no details to plan, no reservations to make, no wedding list to make, and certainly no stress to be had. It was as simple as Barbie and Ken loved each other so they got married. O how I wish that is how planning a wedding really was.
Because I have never done this before it is all new and uncharted territory. Yea, I have watched two of my cousins get married as well as some friends but until you are the Bride and it is your responsibility to make it happen you have no idea. I'm the kind of person that likes to get things done, check it off my list, and move on. Unfortunately wedding planning does not lend itself well to that philosophy. You are constantly waiting for people to call you back therefore not being able to check it off the list. Not only does that annoy me but, people constantly say " O, your the Bride, its your decision" or " Its your day". My comment to that is what about my fiancee and the rest of our families, isn't it there day too? Our parents worked really hard to raise us to be the woman and man that we are and our friends and the rest of our families has loved me and Caudill through the years. Caudill puts up with me, loves me unconditionally, and is now voluntarily signing up to do it for the rest of his life. So isn't it there day too? I don't know just a thought.
With that said I am so grateful for the privilege I have to marry the love of my life and for the honor I have in throwing a party for everyone who has loved us, supported us, and been there for us through the years. Family and friends get ready for August 22, 2009 because we are going to have a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment