7.11.2011

Broccoli Crasin Salad!

I actually cooked for the first time since April 27th on July 3rd, and by cooked I mean threw a bunch of things together in a bowl and hoped for the best.

We went over to my sister-in-law’s for a pre 4th of July meal and I wanted to bring something green. Now Kristin, my sister-in-law is one of my very best friends and an unbelievable cook so I wanted to bring something good.

I have been so tired from dealing with everything I seriously considered running into Publix, buying something pre-made from the deli and slapping it in my own casserole dish.But then I remembered she was making homemade BBQ sauce and ribs, I figured I should probably rally/woman up and make something.

I decided to make Broccoli Crasin salad. My favorite broccoli salad of all time comes from a little restaurant/caterer in town called Ashley Mac’s. I started to google around and see if I could come up with Ashley Mac’s Broccoli Crasin salad recipe…and I found it J Below is the recipe. Enjoy J

Ashley Mac's Crasin Broccoli Slaw 
(Serves 10-12) 

8 cups broccoli florets
2 ½ cups shredded coleslaw
1/3 cup green onion, chopped
1/3 cup crasins
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted or caramelized 

Dressing: 
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon celery seed
Cracked black pepper 

Combine slaw mix, green onion, cranberries, and almonds in a medium bowl. Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Gradually add dressing to slaw mixture until desired consistency (add less for a dryer slaw, more for a wetter one). Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment