6.20.2011

30,000 Feet Up

I love living in the year 2011! I am currently on a flight on my way to "america's last frontier" 10 points to anyone that knows where that is. After 4 hours of sitting on the Tarmac we are finally in flight.

There were some technical difficulties that prevented us from taking off. When the pilot first came on over the intercom he said we would be only be delayed 10-20 minutes, and for the next 4 hours he proceeded to continue to come on over the intercom every 10-15 minutes to tell us it would only be a few more minutes. Call me dumb, but I didn't realize what he was doing until 3 hours in. He was pacifying us. He knew the whole time that the problem on the plane was going to take a few hours to fix. He knew that the whole cabin would rise in revolt if we knew it was going to take 4 hours so he gave us little measurable time frames with updates every few minutes to pacify us.

If I had known from the start that I could have watched Titanic in its entirety while sitting on the Tarmac with no air on the plane I would have freaked. I'm glad I didn't know it was going to take so long. My point in all of this? You can probably begin to draw your own parallels but just in case here is what I figured out through this whole thing:

1.It's probably good that we don't always know the outcome of things.
2. I am so grateful that the pilot of my life (Jesus of course) reveals things to me on a as needed basis because so often my tiny mind can't handle the entire scope of a situation.
3. I am not a patient person.

On a different note I had a little mini tour of the southeast this past week. I had the privilege of going to New Orleans and Memphis and had so much fun! Pictures to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment