6.23.2010

Moral Dilemma

I'm officially hooked on reading other people's blogs. It is so fun and there are so many good creative ideas out there in the world of blogging! I have complied a list of blogs (to the right) that I have been reading lately. I have no clue who any of the authors of the blogs are but they have really good ideas and really cool thoughts.


Please check out these toms!!! I know everyone and there mother has jumped on the toms train, including my mom but I have not yet. To be honest I don't love the look of toms but I know the money spent on the shoes goes towards a great cause. Anyway, I stumbled across these while browsing around on someone else's blog. How adorable are these new wedges!

I'm really excited about them except....I have a small confession, I am a major bargain shopper. I have a very hard time buying anything (with the exception of food) that is not on sale. I have decided I have a moral dilemma about buying most anything full price. I feel like I am being wasteful if I buy something full price. 99% of the time if I see something I like in a store it will goes on sale within 3-6 weeks. So exercising a little self control and waiting ends up saving me money everytime! I fully understand if others are not under the same conviction as I, but for me, I feel like I am not being a good steward of what little money I do have if I buy something that is not on sale.

With that said, there is no chance that these cute toms are ever going to go on sale, and they shouldn't. Selfishly I want them to go on sale but how bad is that? How can I not be ok paying full price for shoes when I know the money I pay for them with is going to help put shoes on some little child's bare feet who really needs them.

3 comments:

  1. BUY THEM!! I have the navy stripe ones and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I am with you on not really liking the look of Toms but once Laura showed me these I ordered them immediately! I can't stop wearing them they are so comfy, I want another pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm totally obsessed with blogs lately! i never update mine cause we don't have internet at our house. But i love having the sidebar so i can check everyone elses! I rarely check facebook anymore cause i'm always on blogs. crazy.
    2. BUY THE TOMS!! or ask for them for christmas or something (it's only 6 months away from tomorrow :) they are so cute and can you just see a little girl in argentina or africa walking around with little wedge toms? How cute! well they probably don't give them wedges but it's a funny thought!
    Anyway, Good to see you're blogging again. Love you! call me sometime and we can catch up!
    ~Laina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog and I was so excited to see that you listed my blog as one of the blogs you're reading!!! Thanks so much for being a reader!!
    I am the same as you I really only buy things on sale, but if I find something that I really love I will pay full price. I'll wear them until the bottom falls off, then get the bottom fixed and wear them some more!! haha
    I'm off to putter around your blog now!!
    p.s. I love your header pic. very cute

    ReplyDelete