10.26.2009

Decisions!


Decisions!

They make me nervous sometimes. With graduate school possibilities looming above and the clock ticking I must admit I am feeling a little bit of pressure. I quit my job right before we got married because I wanted to eventually go back to school and get my masters in education. Well, two months later here I am nervous to make the jump to go back to school for two more years. I still have a passion for helping kids learn how to read and would love to be a teacher but I am nervous to make the decision.

I mean think about it, you get one life. one. That's it. I want to make sure I am a good steward of the time I have been given and make the right choice as far as a career goes. I very much envy the people who know EXACTLY what they want. They want to be a nurse, so they become a nurse. Or there is the person that knows beyond a shadow of a doubt they want to be a lawyer so they go to law school or the person that just knows they want to be a police officer so they go off and become one. I unfortunately am not that decisive.

I know it has to drive my husband crazy but he is so patient with me it blows my mind. Hummm, now that I think about it, that is one decision I was able to make almost instantaneously. Caudill and I met, started talking, and within the span of 2 dates we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Yeah, I know insane huh? But we had both dated quite a bit and realized what we didn't want in a spouse and literally, within weeks of dating we knew. A year and a half later, when he asked me to marry him, of course I said yes! I was able to make that decision without a second thought.

So I guess I can be decisive when I know. Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment